'Social Work' is fundamentally a multidisciplinary course drawing theoretical concepts from different social science, keeping work values and principles at the core. Thus, social work education focuses on holistic and integrated method of practice rather that reduction list approach. Social work education is an attempt towards the building up of knowledge base necessary for the practice (through theory classes), learning and refinement of skill (through concurrent field work) and imbiding necessary ethical and value base (through various exposures, supervision and constant reflection process). Therefore, social work education can play a critical role in shaping up the overall outlook of an individual; preparing the self as an agent for social change.
The total course is divided as follow.
Subject Full Marks
Th. Pr. Total
1. BSW 311 Major (SW I) Concepts and 60 40 100
Principles of Social Works
2. BSW 312 Major (SW II) Methods of 60 40 100
3. BSW 313 Major (SWIII) Integrated 60 40 100
Social Work Practice
4. BSW 314 Major (SW IV) Social Welfare 60 40 100
5. BSW 315 Major (SW V) Research 60 40 100
Methods in Social Work
6. BSW 316 Functional Paper (SW VI) 60 40 100
Development Perspective in
Other Major Subjects offered in BA are:
i) English ii) Journalism ii) Nepali